I didn’t know what to expect with motherhood. I can honestly say since giving birth to Madeline I have never been happier. With every smile she gives me I am at aw. I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mommy and thank the lucky stars each and every day.
It’s hard to believe that she just turned 7 months! It feels like just yesterday I gave birth to my precious princess! Each and every day is a new adventure! She just started to ‘talk’ — and when I say talk, it literally consists of her saying ‘babaabababa’ over and over again. It’s the cutest thing — and incredible to finally hear her sweet voice! She is also rolling a ton and loves being on her tummy. She is a VERY happy baby; is very alert; and has a huge personality! She constantly has a smile on her face, which in turn means I constantly have a smile on my face!
- Being on her tummy + rolling
- Being held
- Dancing (She’s always moving and kicking her legs)
- Her bunny pacifier to help soothe her
- Her Little Giraffe baby blanket
- Hanging out in mommy and daddy’s bed on a Saturday morning in her Dock-A-Tot
- Her favorite rattle
- Her music box that helps relax her
- Food! She loves: carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, blueberries.
- Naps. I kid you not she does not nap! Although luckily she sleeps great through the night. I put her on a strict schedule which I’m happy to share in an upcoming post if you’d like.
- Being alone. She LOVES people!
- Not being fed quickly enough! Yes, she is a very high-maintenance little girl. When she wants to eat… she wants to eat! So, when the 3 hour mark approaches (during the day) I always have a bottle ready!
- Loud noises. She gets alarmed if I sneeze! However, fire trucks don’t bother her at all! You figure that one out! lol
- Food! She doesn’t like: oatmeal; bananas; apples… hoping to re-try all of these foods as they are some of my favs! The doctor suggested to try foods over and over again because she will most likely grow to like them. I mean, how could you not like oatmeal?!
If you are a mother or a mother-to-be I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day!